Take your sewing (and bust!) to new heights by making the Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie! The Marlborough is a wired bra pattern that offers comfort and support and is ideal for women who love mixing colours and prints.
Janna-Marie will guide you through making a fitting band when you are wanting to test out a new bra pattern or have a frame/band you love but want to experiment with cup styles from other patterns! Janna-Marie will demystify the world of bra findings and fabric, bra construction, and minor fit adjustments.
Students will leave the workshop with a perfect (or near perfect!) fitting bra, and the foundational skills to venture further into the wide world of bra sewing!
This pattern is size inclusive, with cups sizes A to DD or DDD to J and 30” to 40” band sizes.
Skills Practiced & Learned –
- Creating a bra fitting band
- Taking a bra frame/band you love and having it work with a variety of cup styles from other patterns
- Determining cup and band size and assessing fit/ minor adjustments
- Understanding the difference between bra specific fabrics and how to use them
- Machine set up and selecting stitch settings
- Sewing with elastic
- Attaching findings
- Bra construction and splitting the lower cup
- Narrow seam allowances (1/4″)
- Sewing curves
Janna Janna-Marie Designs
Janna-Marie is a Hamilton based designer and has been sewing for over 10 years working alongside artists and other designers to bring their ideas to life. Janna-Marie excels in designing and producing custom women’s intimates. She has designed commercial patterns for manufacturing and instructs sewing and design at all levels. Her favourite thing in the world continues to be seeing people happy whether it be through the confidence in having a garment or bra that fits them or learning the skill set to continue crafting on their own.
- Stable Opaque fabric 1/2m ie: Duoplex, Super Simplex, Micro Duoplex, Silk
- Powernet 1/2m
- Pretty Scalloped Lace 1m
- Sheer Cup Lining (if you plan to use lace!) 1/2m
- Bra wires – a set Channeling 0.75m
- Strap Elastic
- 1m Bottomband Elastic ¾” wide
- 1 Hook and Eye 3×3, 4×3, 5×3 etc. (would recommend one 4×3 as it is a good standard)
- Matching Thread
- Rings and Sliders 1 or 2 sets ¾” (depending on your desired look)
You can shop your stash, shop where you like online or in store, or buy a kit from Bra Builders.